This traditional St.Rita Prayer is said to ask this saint of impossible causes for her intercession. St.Rita has been known to perform many seemingly impossible miracles to those who petition her for help.
St.Rita PrayerHoly Patroness of those in need, Saint Rita, so humble, pure, and patient, whose pleadings with thy Divine Spouse are irresistible, obtain for me from thy Crucified Christ my request (mention it here). Be kind to me, for the greater glory of God, and I promise to honor thee and to sing thy praises forever. Oh glorious St. Rita, who didst miraculously participate in the sorrowful Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ, obtain for me the grace to suffer with resignation the troubles of this life, and protect me in all my needs. Amen Obtain for us our request:
- by the singular merits of your childhood
- by your perfect union with the Divine Will
- by your heroic sufferings during your married life
- by the consolation you experienced at the conversion of your husband
- by the sacrifice of your children rather than see them grievously offend God
- by your miraculous entrance into the convent
- by your severe penances and thrice daily bloody scourging
- by the suffering caused by the wound you received from the thorn of the Crucified Saviour
- by the divine love which consumed your heart
- by that remarkable devotion to the Blessed Sacrament, on which alone you existed for four years
- by the happiness with which you parted from your trials to join your Divine Spouse
- by the perfect example you gave to people of every state of life.
St.Rita NovenaO Holy Patron of those in greatest need, you shine as a star of hope in the midst of darkness. Blessed St Rita, bright mirror of God’s grace, in patience and courage you are a model to all of us.
St Rita, I unite my will with the will of God through the merits of my Saviour Jesus Christ. During His Passion he bore, for our sins, the Crown of Thorns, and you, with tender devotion, did accept and honour a reminder of that burden.
St Rita, through your intercession and the merits of the Holy Virgin Mary, I ask you to obtain my earnest petition, provided it is for the greater glory of God and my sanctification. (State your request …) Guide and purify my intention, O Holy Patron and Advocate, so that I may obtain the pardon of all my sins and the grace to persevere daily, as you did in walking with courage, generosity, and fidelity along the path of life.
St Rita, advocate of the impossible: Pray for Us. St Rita, advocate of the helpless: Pray for Us Concluding Prayers Say Our Father... Say Hail Mary... Glory be.... 3 times The St. Rita Prayer and novena are so powerful because they petition a saint who understands heartbreak and struggles as she too went through this in her own life as well.
Yet she always managed to forgive and throw herself on the mercy of God. Her commitment to showing people the beauty of Jesus through her life is what makes her such a powerful saint.